Greetings hero, and welcome to Might and Magic Wiki!
Thank you for your edit to the Sanctuary (H6) page, and we hope you contribute more.
In order to help you, we'll provide you with these links you might want to find useful:
- Special:RecentChanges - an look at the recent edits on the articles.
- Help:Contents - if you are new to Wikia, don't be shy - this is the page to help you!
- Might and Magic Wiki:Editor Guidelines - if you are new to this wiki, here is a page that will fill you in about editing here.
- Forum:Index - if you would like to ask a question, then you may do it here.
- Forum:Castle of Dreams - if you would like to propose something to this wiki, then this is the link you should use.
If you need some additional help, say it on my talk page.
I'm looking forward to see you editing. To battle, hero! Huzzah!
Thank you for inserting categories, but I am afraid that the categories can be more "precise".
One example is here. You added Heroes V and Heroes V characters categories. Thefirst one is not needed, as the Heroes V characters category is part of Heroes V category.
Ah. I've been used to wikis where redundant categories were preferred. I've deleted the extra categories. Thanks for the info.Narve (talk) 20:37, November 26, 2012 (UTC)
Damnit, if I'd seen sooner I'd inform you of it. The cost per unit was missing, so I added it to infobox. Can you add the Unit cost in the CrestureStats infoboxes? (You just need to insert |cost= into the infobox.) Same goes for growth. (|growth=) Energy X ∞ 18:44, December 28, 2012 (UTC)
Yeah, I'll get on that.Narve (talk) 19:29, December 28, 2012 (UTC)
Well, recent edits (like Berserk (H4 ability)) are quite small to have their own page, so can you merge them (in this case, Berserk (H4 ability) to Berserker page)? Energy X ∞ 13:58, January 11, 2013 (UTC)
When the creature (like Gargoyle) is can't be recruited from Necropolis town yet belongs to Death faction, then it does belong to Necropolis, but then a note needs to be written that it can be only recruited from a dwelling outside the town, as it cannot be recruited from the town.
If you'd like to point me at the order you're going in, then I could work backwards and get the ones you plan on doing last while you work forwards. I don't mind helping out some. Jimcloud 06:17, January 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Eh, I just decided to get done with all of the regular ones (I think? I don't think I missed any), since I don't know the tiers of the creatures in dwellings, I'll just leave the lot of them to you. Jimcloud 06:57, January 31, 2013 (UTC)
Heroes III Images Edit
Hey, I noticed that you're working on the Heroes III enemy pages. Since you're doing that, I figured it prudent to link you to the site I'm using to work on Heroes II enemy images now: The Spriters Resource. That link displays everything the site has on Heroes III, such as every creature portrait in the game and transparent spritesheets of every pose each monster makes. If you have an image program that can work with transparency, you can just crop them down to the idle pose and upload them wholesale, and even if you can't, you can upload images with plain white backgrounds. Some of them ask to be credited, and so I figure you can just link to the page in the description when you upload them and that should be okay. Good work, by the way :D Jimcloud 21:30, February 9, 2013 (UTC)
- I was referring to the image's page, which currently has nothing on it whatsoever, but I will respect your decision. Jimcloud 17:37, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
No, on the activity it is a few edits because Jimcloud and me have deleted a lot of pages, so it kinnda affects the Wiki Activity, where only the edits (excluding these deletions) are shown, which are several of them.
As for categories, I have enabled this new feature - Category Exhibiton, where one will be able to view the most popular pages. For some reason, it does not work, so I'll go remove it. Energy X ∞ 21:06, February 25, 2013 (UTC)
Yes, I have not seen Death magic in other Heroes games I played. You can move the content to Death magic.
- No, I saw nothing.Narve (talk) 18:34, April 9, 2013 (UTC)
Have you considered running for admin? You do really good work, and I think you'd be able to do even more with the admin tools. I know I would support you, should you choose to run for admin. Just wanted to say that. Jimcloud 13:05, April 24, 2013 (UTC)
- No, not at all. Narve (talk) 19:01, April 24, 2013 (UTC)
Wow, is it that time? Certainly you can deploy the template, it will be changed later. And yeah, you need to create those subcategories.
Anyway, have you Heroes I/II/III? I ask because your skills can be used to create new Heroes I/II/III heroes pages? Also, what about the images of Heroes that appeared in Heroes III and Heroes IV? Energy X ∞ 19:38, April 30, 2013 (UTC)
There is a parameter you could add. It is |image2 = and you can add only one image. Other images will have to be sent to a gallery, or at least add it in text via [[File:XYZ|right|thumb]]. When you make one such page, please let me know so I can revise it. Energy X ∞ 20:41, April 30, 2013 (UTC)
There is a way. You could download this program and pressing a key you will be able to get that image. This is how I made some of the CoH images. But I think we have some of the images in our database. Unless the images you would make have a better resolution...? Energy X ∞ 12:03, May 1, 2013 (UTC)
Just so that you know, here is the basic layout of the scenario article. The only thing you could only change is Information headline to Walkthrough instead, as I plan to change it on the other articles as well. Energy X ∞ 09:56, May 2, 2013 (UTC)
Upload Multiple Files Edit
Fair enough, I'll start uploading those.Narve (talk) 21:39, June 13, 2013 (UTC)
Hm, I think it would be better to have the spells under one page, like Air magic (H3)/Spells.
- Sounds good. I'll get started on that later. If we decide to do that, you'll have to delete the "Heroes III spells" and "Heroes III air magic spells" categories I created, but maybe not quite yet. Narve (talk) 19:54, June 16, 2013 (UTC)
- There's a cheat code for revealing the map (nwcPrometheus). I use the code, screenshot, then edit to just include the mini-map. It should work on Heroes III too, but I don't think there's a Heroes V or VI map cheat.Narve (talk) 04:31, June 27, 2013 (UTC)
- According to google, the Heroes I and II cheat is 101495 (press the numbers on numpad). Can't test it right now, and anyway, I had trouble taking screenshots in those games. Oh, and I should clarify: nwcPrometheus only works in Heroes IV. The Heroes III code is nwcwhatisthematrix (assuming Shadow of Death is installed. In Heroes III, code depends on installed expansion packs).
- And editing Heroes V for cheats isn't complicated, I've done it plenty of times. I just didn't know there was a display map cheat.Narve (talk) 11:25, June 28, 2013 (UTC)
Hey, sorry for the late reply, was in the hospital last days. Yes, I never knew how to show the whole map, so you go ahead. You should also look for the names of cities and any additional heroes that appear as well. Energy X ∞ 11:39, July 25, 2013 (UTC)
Since you are the one uploading so many images, I have to ask of you to start giving licenses and categorise them. It is not hard, when uploading the image press more options, write in caption the category (depending on the image) and choose the license.
Since you are focusing on Heroes IV scenarios, the license should be Fair use and the category should be [[Category:Heroes IV <???> images]] and [[Category:Heroes IV <???> maps]], where <???> is the name of the campaign. It is important that you do that, for now the images that you currently upload. Energy X ∞ 21:07, July 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, I'll start doing that.Narve (talk) 21:22, July 27, 2013 (UTC)
- No, I don't see it either.Narve (talk) 05:19, July 30, 2013 (UTC)