Terrain is what your hero walks across in the Heroes of Might and Magic games, and determines what type of towns you may find.
- Dirt is usually brown, and is fairly generic, usually housing Necromancers.
- Sand is a yellow-brown and is neutral, found only around water and does not house a faction.
- Grass is universal and is a vibrant green, found almost anywhere and houses a large variety of factions.
- Snow lands, also referred to as the Taiga, is a gentle white, Housing Wizards (except in Heroes V)
- Swamps are blue and green in appearance and house Lizard-type creatures (Except in Heroes V)
- Rough land is a medium brown and has lots of cracks, giving the appearance of desert, housing Strongholds.
- Subterranean is usually dirt, colored similarly to sand and houses the Dungeon .
- Black and red terrain is hardened volcanic rock, and houses Infernals.
- Water is a neutral and can be found anywhere. It's a dark blue.
- Black signals where there is no land, usually used with the Subterranean to give the feel of caverns.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.