The Runemage is the hero class associated with the Fortress faction in Heroes of Might and Magic V. The Runemages are magic heroes, and their racial skill, Runelore, allows them to imbue their creatures with special beneficial effects that require resources to be activated.
They use a mammoth as mount, and the weapon of their choice is the hammer. The Runemages prefer melee combat.
When leveling up, the Runemages improve their attributes almost balanced, but they have a preference towards Defense and Spellpower.
Skills and Perks Edit
Absolute Protection Edit
Absolute Protection is the Runemage racial skill. It requires the following skills and subskills:
Hammers of Fate Edit
- Expert Runelore, Refresh Rune, and Greater Rune.
- Expert Defense, Protection, Defensive Formation, and Preparation.
- Expert War Machines, Ballista, Runic Machines, and Triple Ballista.
- Expert Destructive magic, Master of Fire, Ignite, and Mana Burst.
- Expert Logistics, Pathfinding, Snatch, and Swift Mind.
Tribes of the East Edit
- Expert Runelore, Refresh Rune, Greater Rune, and Fine Rune.
- Expert Defense, Vitality, Defensive Formation, and Preparation.
- Expert Summoning magic, Exorcism, Master of Earthblood, and Runic Armour.
- Expert Destructive magic, Master of Fire, Ignite, and Sap Magic.