"You have to agree , there is nothing quite as appealing as gloating over your enemy as they die ever so slowly."
Poison is a first-level death magic spell that costs two spell points and does a certain amount of damage per turn to a chosen target until the target dies, receives a Heal or Mass Healing spell, or the combat ends. It does not require line of sight.
Poison can be cast by:
- A hero with Basic Death magic - Does 11 damage per turn plus 1 per level of the hero, or up to 2 with the Demonology skill.
- The Mage (Academy unit) - Does 2.4 damage per mage, per turn (fractions always rounded down).
Poison can also be delivered by an attack, under the following circumstances:
- Venom spawn (Necropolis unit) - Does 20 damage per venom spawn, per turn on attack
- Hero wielding the Poison Arrow or Ring of the Cobra's Eye artifacts.
- The Ninja, an advanced class hero class, does poison damage with each attack based on that hero's level.
A creature can be afflicted with both Poison, and Plague at the same time. Poison cannot be removed with exorcism nor can it be dispelled - only a heal, mass healing spell, or Divine Intervention can remove it before combat ends.