King Morglin Ironfist, also known as Lord Ironfist and Jerico Ironfist, is the protagonist of Heroes of Might and Magic: A Strategic Quest. The founder of the Kingdom of Enroth, Ironfist acts as leader of a retinue of Knights hailing from a distant world, striving to carve a place for themselves on the world of Enroth. Upon conquering his rivals and defeating Lord Alamar, Ironfist consolidates the realm, reigning for a quarter of a century. His eventual death acts as the catalyst for the events of Heroes II: The Succession Wars, during which his sons Roland and Archibald wage a bloody war for the throne.
Lord Ironfist is the leader of the Knight faction in Heroes I, and canonically acts as the player's avatar during the game; events are unveiled through his perspective. However, like his three counterparts, he does not appear as a hero during the game at any point, and makes no playable appearance in the series.
|This section is incomplete and requires more information. Please help and contribute your knowledge by editing or expanding it.|
- Lord Ironfist's first name is not given anywhere in any of the games, and is only implied in the Heroes I manual. However, promotional material for Heroes II from both the initial release and Ubisoft's 2007 Heroes of Might and Magic Complete Edition rerelease of Heroes I has confirmed that his full moniker is Morglin Ironfist, citing his 25-year reign.
- Heroes of Might and Magic: A Strategic Quest
- Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Succession Wars (mentioned only)
- Heroes of Might and Magic III: Armageddon's Blade (as a ghost)
- Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer (mentioned only)
- Heroes of Might and Magic V: Legends of the Ancients (mentioned only)
|Heroes of Might and Magic I|
|Gameplay||Adventure map - Adventure map structure - Artifacts (list) - Campaign - Combat phase - Creature ability - Creature attribute - Creatures (list) - Damage - Dwelling - Experience - Growth - Hero - Hero class - Luck - Morale - Primary skill - Puzzle map - Resource - Scenario - Spell list - Spell memorisation - Terrain type - Towns - Week/Day/Month system|
|Factions||Farm (Creatures) - Plains (Creatures) - Forest (Creatures) - Mountain (Creatures) - Neutral creatures|
|Heroes and characters||Knight (Individuals) - Barbarian (Individuals) - Sorceress (Individuals) - Warlock (Individuals)|
Lord Ironfist - Lord Slayer - Queen Lamanda - Lord Alamar - Ragnar - Guthbert - Ewine - Queen Ironfist
|Scenarios and campaign||Scenarios - A Strategic Quest (Gateway - The Archipelago - The Wounded Land - Free-for-All - Castle Ironfist - Castle Slayer - Castle Lamanda - Castle Alamar - King-of-the-Hill)|
|Related||Enroth - GBC port - Jon Van Caneghem - New World Computing|