|Might and Magic X|
| No images of this game are available.|
If you are aware of one, please upload it!
|Developer||New World Computing|
|Designed by||Tim Lang|
|Series||Might and Magic RPGs|
|Previous game||Heroes of Might and Magic IV: Winds of War|
Might and Magic X was the prospective tenth installment in the Might and Magic RPGs series. At the time of 3DO's bankruptcy and dissolution in 2003, it had only existed "on paper" in an early planning stage, with early elements of its design planned by Might and Magic IX designer Tim Lang. The game was to be set in Beldonia, and was planned to feature Nicolai Ironfist and the Jarls of Might and Magic IX. It did not enter production.
Upon obtaining rights to the series, Ubisoft, despite continuing the Heroes of Might and Magic spinoff arc, did not show any clear intention to extend the original series. However, long-time fans held the belief that Ubisoft would eventually decide to work on the project. 
In 2009, Ubisoft's Might and Magic producers (presumably Erwan Le Breton and Romain du Waubert) offered closure on the subject, stating Ubisoft would never create Might and Magic X, in accordance with their new branding policy. They did not, however, rule out the possibility of creating an RPG in the future.
The other day, 21 March 2013, Might and Magic X: Legacy was announced by Ubisoft. Might and Magic X will be shown for the first time at PAX East March 22-24 and it is planned to be released 2013. The game will follow old style gameplay, first person, turn by turn and feature four different races: Humans, Orcs, Elves and Dwarves, each having three unique classes. The currently announced classes are:
- The Freemage has the potential to strengthen or heal, since she is familiar with all schools of magic. Due to her physical weakness, she must be protected from harm by her companions.
- The Ranger is a great damage dealer with the bow. She can also rely on the support of Earth and Air magic. Like all Elves, she prefers light armor and is pretty fragile, but she can evade attacks quite well.
- Specialized warriors and veritable champions of defense, Dwarf Defenders always stands their ground. Heavy armor and huge shields define them. They absorb the shock of powerful blows and deflect deadly arrows as if they were silmply swatting flies.
- Orc Barbarians boast astounding vitality and tremendous endurance. They spurn arcane knowledge, relying on tribal magic and tradition to activate the tremendous powers dormant in their Demonic blood.
- ↑ http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=35810
- ↑ http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4218&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=might+magic&start=0
- ↑ http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1851065692/m/9431061108
- ↑ http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/mightandmagicx-legacy/en-GB/home/index.aspx
|The Might and Magic series|
|Might and Magic RPGs||I - II - III - IV - V - VI - VII - VIII - IX|
|Heroes||I - II (The Price of Loyalty - Desecrated Lands) - III (Armageddon's Blade - The Shadow of Death) - IV (The Gathering Storm - Winds of War) - V (Hammers of Fate - Tribes of the East) - VI (Pirates of the Savage Sea - Danse Macabre - Shades of Darkness)|
|King's Bounty||King's Bounty - Quest for the Dragon Bone Staff - The Legend (Armored Princess - Crossworlds)|
|Ardon series||Crusaders of Might and Magic - Warriors of Might and Magic - Shifters|
|Related titles and spinoffs||Arcomage - Heroes Chronicles - Legends of Might and Magic - Dragon Rage - Mobile (II) - Dark Messiah - Clash of Heroes - Heroes Kingdoms - Heroes Online|
|Novels||The Dreamwright - The Shadowsmith - The Sea of Mist|
|Cancelled installments||New World Computing's Heroes V - Might and Magic Online - The Worldcrafter - Might and Magic X - Kingdoms of Might and Magic|