Official description Edit
Order Magic determines the Mage class. The Mage has no class ability.
Mages are the only standard hero class to begin the game with Basic Order magic and Enchantment. As such, they are inclined towards joining advanced classes which include Order Magic as a prerequisite, including Battle Mage, Enchanter, Illusionist, Monk, Seer, Shadow mage, Wizard or Wizard King.
The Mage is most likely to learn Order magic and fairly likely to learn the Life magic and Death magic skills. Mages can not learn Chaos magic or Nature magic when leveling up unless some basic training in those skills is already known.
In the old world, Mages were most commonly aligned to the nation of Bracada, whose ruler - Gavin Magnus - upheld its legacy following the Reckoning. On Axeoth, Magnus attempted to assimilate the foundling realm of Great Arcan under his banner, but its Queen, Emilia Nighthaven, refused to merge with his kingdom. A lengthy war based around the inherent clash between the concepts of free will and true order thus ensued: Magnus was defeated.
- Main article: Category:Heroes IV Mages
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Heroes of Might and Magic IV. New World Computing. Mission: An Enemy's Trust (scenario, in English). 2002. Transcripts.
- ↑ Heroes of Might and Magic IV. New World Computing. Mission: The Price of Peace (scenario, in English). 2002. Transcripts.
- ↑ Heroes of Might and Magic IV. New World Computing. Quote: "The process of creating a Staff of Wizardry is unknown, but the first one was discovered in the Broken Isles by the powerful archmage, Genevieve." (in English - internal-only text from artifacts.txt). 2002.
- ↑ Heroes of Might and Magic IV. New World Computing. Quote: "Although a wizard, Captain Pherlon is best known as a fair but crafty merchant of the high seas, and an explorer. So, over the years his logbooks have become worth a fortune as well." (in English - internal-only text from artifacts.txt). 2002.
|Heroes of Might and Magic IV classes|
|Standard hero classes||Knight - Death Knight - Lord - Thief - Archer - Barbarian - Priest - Necromancer - Mage - Sorcerer - Druid|
|Advanced classes||Archmage - Assassin - Bard - Battle mage - Beast lord - Beastmaster - Cardinal - Crusader - Dark Lord - Dark Priest - Demonologist - Enchanter - Field marshal - Fire diviner - Fireguard - General - Guildmaster - Heretic - Illusionist - Lich - Lord commander - Monk - Ninja - Paladin - Prophet - Pyromancer - Ranger - Reaver - Seer - Shadow mage - Summoner - Warden - Warlock - Warlord - Witch king - Wizard - Wizard King|