|Heroes of Might and Magic Online|
| No images of this game are available.|
If you are aware of one, please upload it!
|Developer||TQ Digital Entertainment|
|Publisher||NetDragon Websoft Inc|
|Series||[[Heroes of Might and Magic ]]|
|Release date||May 30, 2008|
It was originally scheduled for release in late 2005, but the final release was delayed for three years until May 2008. As of May 15, 2010, there are no language versions other than the Chinese, but a closed Beta test for an English version was announced for “early May” 2010. It started on May 7.
The game is free of charge.
The background story is set in the same world as Heroes III (most notably the kingdom of Erathia), although Ubisoft—the Might and Magic brand rights licensor—introduced a new universe for the whole Might and Magic series after having acquired the rights from the 3DO Company. The game does not appear to have an actual story however and any events that take place in it would not be considered canon.
Heroes of Might and Magic Online features four magic systems and allows the player to choose heroes from eight factions comprising a total of 56 unit types. It is staged on three different levels:
- A global, randomly generated level, where players move and interact in a typical MMORPG fashion (in realtime)
- A strategic level, similar to a Heroes III map, where the heroes move within a certain amount of time
- A turn-based 3D combat level using a tactical grid, similar to the combat mode in Heroes III
System Requirements Edit
- OS: Windows 98 (SE), simplified Chinese version, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
- CPU: Pentium 4 1.7 GHz or above
- RAM: 512 MB or more
- VC: GeForce 2 with 64 MB RAM
- SC: 100% DirectSound compatible
- HDD: 3 GB or more free space
- 56k, ADSL, or cable modem
- Keyboard, Mouse
- Official English game website
- Official Chinese game website
- The Original Music Composer of Heroes of Might and Magic Online website
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found