|Duke Slava Griffin|
Younger Slava (above) and older (below)
|Introduced in||Might & Magic: Heroes VI|
|Status||Dead (as of Heroes VI)|
Holy Falcon Empire
|Relatives||Pavel Griffin - father|
Sveltana Griffin - aunt
Elisabeth - first wife
Cate Griffin - second wife
Sandor Griffin - son
Kiril Griffin - son
Anastasya Griffin - daughter
Irina Griffin - daughter
Anton Griffin - son
Irina's unnamed child - grandson/granddaughter
"It all went wrong the day our father, the Duke of Griffin, died."
—Anton, Heroes VI trailer
Raised by his Aunt, the Necromancer Sveltana, after the death of his father when he was a boy, Slava nonetheless managed to grow up a rash but good-natured young man.
He is the Duke of the Griffin Duchy after his father, Pavel, died. Sveltana had to take care of him until he was mature enough to become the Duke. He fell in love with Elisabeth, but Emperor Liam forbid him to marry her. Afterwards, he found a new wife, Cate. However, Cate needed to go on a quest to look for her brother, so Slava had to continue to raise his children alone.
His sons and daughters are:
Slava is the first campaign (and tutorial) hero. Starts as a Knight.
- Griffin Bane: Slava needs to secure the land against Demons and defeat their leader.
- The Emperor's Will: Slava must defend Orcs against Duke Gerhart and defeat him.
- Something is Rotten: Slava discusses with Gerhart and Emperor Liam about the disappearance of his two children before being murdered.
- Towards the Within: Anastasya meets him in the end of her dream, forgiving her.
- In the Forests of the Night: In one of his dreams, Kiril remembers the day his father died, thinking the assassin tracks his fears to weaken him.
- In Something is Rotten scenario, he is seen to be a Paladin than a Knight.
Slava appears only in Might & Magic: Heroes VI.